Thursday, April 15, 2010

Financial Freedom

No one teaches you about credit card debt in high school. You’re given one of those little plastic cards when you leave home, and voila! It’s magic. You can have whatever you want. 



I am completely over being a slave to debt. I am completely over having to pay for things that I don’t use anymore and don’t wear anymore. 

I got out of credit card debt years ago by paying off one high-interest card after another. Now, I only allow myself to buy things that can be paid off in full when I get my statement at the end of the month. If I can’t afford it, I can’t have it.

Getting out of debt has freed me to be more of who I really am. Relieving myself of money worries removed the burden of stress that weighed so heavily. It’s also given me more time and energy to do the things I really want to do. My mind has space to generate new ideas. I feel free, and it's so empowering!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the new blog! Looks great! And I couldn't agree more about getting out of debt. Beatrice and I managed to pay off all our cards just before the 2008 debacle really set in. Thank goodness! Things are scary enough without that millstone hanging around one's neck. PS Love the title of the blog too!

    ReplyDelete